Friday, June 08, 2007

Ahem Ahem Ahem:

I have an announcement to make:

NO SPINAL SURGERY.


This is how the conversation went:

Richard the Awesomest Physical Therapist Ever: I can tell you're working hard, doing the exercises; you're making progress.

Goo: Progress is good. I'll do pretty much anything to avoid surgery.

Richard the APTE: Well, until today, I thought you were one of the more likely candidates I've treated, but your progress is extraordinary, and I think we can get you better without it.

Goo: So, no surgery?

Richard the APTE: Yep, no surgery.

Goo: FUCK YEAH! Does this mean I can go surfing in the Outer Banks in August?

Richard the APTE: Let's just stick with the good news about the surgery.

Goo: What about a boogie board?

Richard the APTE: Let's just stick with the good news about the surgery.

Goo: Backpacking?

Richard the APTE: Let's just stick with the good news about the surgery.

Goo: So, no skimboarding the Wedge.

Richard the APTE: That's right out forever, unless you want to be a quadraplegic. You should know, though, you're going to feel a lot worse and have a lot more pain before you get better. You've got some really rough weeks coming up ahead.

Goo: Let's just stick with the good news about surgery.

N.B. The video above not only expresses the absurdly huge wave of relief that washed over me upon finding out this news, but also serves as punishment for The Object, whose reaction was, "Cool, I never thought you were gonna have surgery anyways. I'm gonna watch the U.S.-Guatemala game tonight, ok?"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations.

robyn looks like pink. my brain was confused.

- dbh

11:23 AM  
Blogger The Goo said...

It's very true. She's definitely weirder, though, and quirkiness always makes up for lack of talent. I'm banking on that to get me through life.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very happy for you. Glad to hear you'll be O.K.!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home