Wednesday, June 06, 2007

No, Really, I Don't Got Rhythm

Stop what you're doing.

Jake Mandell's tests for tonedeafness, rhythm comparison ability, and adaptive pitch are way more interesting; I promise. And don't worry yourself too much about the methodology, just have fun with it.

I was really, really psyched about my 97.1% score in the tonedeaf category, until I took the the rhythm test. As it turns out, white people really don't have rhythm.

Not only do I support this statistic, but I actually bring the average down.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a white man with rhythm, and as such, I chafe at your unfair assertions. I may have limited ability to respond to said rhythm in a visually pleasing manner, but unlike most modern "dancers," I can find the beat without a baseline so loud it reorders my internal organs.

5:52 PM  
Blogger The Goo said...

Oh, I wan't talking about dancing. I have NO problem with that. And you realize that you have just challenged me to a danceoff. En garde!

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home